The Financial coordinator is primarily responsible for executing daily financial activities that are in compliance with the company standards. They are responsible for working under the guidance of the CFO and the general manager.
Search For Jobs Here Or Inquire About Other Opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares daily deposit of cash payments received on the previous day of business.
- Reconcile daily debit card payments to batch summary report.
- Reconcile each point of sales daily summary to Biotrack’s close reports and report any discrepancy in a timely manner to management.
- Works with bookkeeper, sending all daily deposit information in a timely manner.
- Deliver deposit to local bank accompanied by security.
- Deposits money into ATM as needed and keep a record of all deposits made.
- Perform periodic audit of ATM balance.
- Maintains a backup of change for the point of sales drawers.
- Maintains a safe environment of all monies handled.
- Sets up reconciliations for all aspects of money handled within the various areas of the facility.
- Performs audits of all cash on hand as deemed necessary.
- Prepare weekly sales reports as requested by management.
- Process Bi-weekly Payroll.
- Review current pay period timesheets to ensure all worked time punches are accurate.
- Enter paid time off for employees as applicable for the pay period.
- Maintain records of all scheduled and unscheduled time off for staff.
- Distribute paychecks to staff and or managers.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations according to Company needs.
Work Experience Required
Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
2+ year experience in finance/accounting.
Knowledge of basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
Skills and Abilities
Excellent time-management skills
Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to focus; attention to detail
Skill at using computers
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
Absolute reliability and honesty
Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
RI State resident
Must pass State mandated background check
The Audit Manager is responsible for planning, performing and supervising audit, review and compilation engagements for clients in various industries. The Manager considers all developments in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and how changes impact the firm’s clients. An emphasis is placed on maintaining strong client relationships.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in public accounting with demonstrated progressive responsibility for all phases of financial statement audit, review, compilation and preparation engagements. Experience with employee benefit plan audits is preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with an MS or MBA preferred.
- CPA license is required
- Strong analytical and project management abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ideal candidate can manage all aspects of client engagements, with a focus on meeting client’s needs within the quality control framework required by the profession.
We offer a progressive, entrepreneurial and flexible work environment with a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
Experienced Accountant needed to join expanding Finance Department of leading entertainment venue with multiple subsidiaries. The Accountant is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections. The Accountant is also responsible for preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with completing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with annual audits
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Prepare and process Accounts Payables
- Process payroll via ADP for part-time and full-time employees
- Manage credit applications
- Monitor cash balances to maximize returns
- Sales tax filings and payment
- Reconcile monthly Corporate American Express expenses
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Dynamics SL 2015, ADP Workforce Now
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years accounting/finance experience
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
This position is newly created, due to growth. Position supports the Controller and Senior Accountant.
Full time (9-5), direct hire opportunity. Benefits include, Paid single plan Blue Cross Blue Shield, paid dental, paid vision, life, LT disability, generous pension contribution (10% of salary), annual bonus, free admission to events, and the opportunity to meet with high profile entertainers.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) oversees all accounting and finance functions of the Company and its Affiliates. The CFO supervises the Accounting and Finance departments and is the chief financial spokesperson for the company. The CFO reports directly to the President and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
RANK: Senior Managerial Position Responsible to Company Via The President
HOURS: Hours of work as deemed necessary to meet job requirements with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
WAGES: Wages are paid on a salary basis
The CFO will be a self-starter with executive leadership experience in the nursing home industry. The CFO must possess excellent analytical and communications skills, experience at a senior, decision level role and experience relating to ownership in a privately held enterprise. CFO must be proficient at financial planning and strategy, managing profitability, strategic planning, quality management, promoting process improvement, forecasting, corporate finance, developing budgets and dealing with complexity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for all corporate strategic financial planning for existing entities and acquisitions through conventional financing, HUD guaranteed financial, especially Nursing Home financing.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with consultants, appraisers and other third parties in connection with project financing.
- Responsible for budgeting construction project financing and coordinating related construction requisitions with financial institutions.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of policies and procedures for accounting, tax, audit, control and financial reporting.
- Responsible for the coordination of the annual year-end audit of the Real Estate Partnerships, financial reporting to external financial institutions.
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns for the Company and its Affiliates.
- Responsible for the development of the Company’s five year plan including any related financial feasibility studies.
- Responsible for investigating and implementing solutions for accounting and financial issues as they arise at either the Corporate, Facility or Realty level.
- Responsible for treasury management issues, contract review and negotiations, maintaining open communications with vendors, ongoing communications with new and existing lending institutions, review and evaluate acquisition opportunities.
- Review and analyze budgets prepared by the Corporate Controller and Chief Operating Officer and make recommendations to President.
- Timely produce, review and analyze accurate monthly reporting packages to management including financial statements and accounts receivable aging reports.
- Monitor claims and related expenses in connection with self-insured health insurance plan.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly covenant compliance as required by credit agreements.
- Responsible for making decisions and recommendations for hiring, firing, discipline and scheduling of staff.
- Forecast adequate cash flow to meet the Company’s needs.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements; identify monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Such other tasks or projects related to the foregoing job responsibilities as may be assigned by the President from time to time.
Assist the CEO in the execution of his/her responsibilities to the Association and in overseeing the implementation of the Strategic Plan goals and strategies:
- Oversee master schedule and calendars, including:
- Annual Secretary of State filing
- Association functions
- BOD and Executive Committee meetings
- Committee meetings
- Classroom rentals
- Broker Caravans
- Administration of all routine documents and procedures relating to Professional Standards case management administration.
- Assist CEO in implementation and documentation of NAR Core Standards compliance.
- Miscellaneous projects to assist CEO as needed.
- Assist the CEO with oversight and coordination in the development and execution of publications which serve the needs of the membership, including electronic publications and media.
- Screen, administer and oversee routine vendor services.
- Filing, mail procurement, date stamping, postage, sorting, possession of all keys.
- Record meeting minutes for Board of Directors and Executive Committee when directed by the CEO and send meeting packets 1 week in advance.
- Record committee minutes. Send meeting notices and disperse minutes and reports in a timely manner to facilitate effective execution of committee action plans.
- Event Preparation
- Assist in execution of Association programs and events
- Maintain ongoing task list for all Association functions
- Oversee creating and publicizing of electronic invites
REQUIRED COMPUTER SKILLS:
Must be proficient:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Publisher
- Social Media programs and applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to perform multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively with REALTOR® members and the general public
- General clerical and office duties
Project Assistant | Engineering Firm
Project Assistants provide essential support to the company principal, senior project managers, environmental scientists (project managers and junior scientists), other staff (i.e. drilling professionals and accounting staff) and clients in accomplishing both complex and general tasks, as needed.
Project Assistants draft reports, compile report appendices and produce correspondence including, but not limited to; routine status reports, reliance letters, and environmental assessments (e.g. Phase I’s, Limited Subsurface Investigations, Site Investigation Reports, UST Closure Assessments, Remedial Action Work Plans, soil disposal applications, Environmental Land Use Restrictions, Soil Management Plans, Public Notices, etc.).
Project Assistants may transcribe field notes and/or data into digital format to create supporting documents such as boring logs and Excel tables/spreadsheet, etc. Project Assistants organize and track down any missing information/data from science staff, as needed.
Project Assistants also assist project managers in managing Sites through the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) and/or Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) regulatory system in order to keep the project on schedule and receive necessary signatures and/or RIDEM/MassDEP approvals.
Project Assistants Primary Tasks:
- Draft, review, finalize and distribute environmental reports
- Phase I reports
- Limited Subsurface Investigations
- UST closure applications and reports
- Soil disposal applications
- Routine status reports
- Review historic files/regulatory documents at RIDEM and online via MassDEP
- Public notices produced and sent via USPS certified mail
- Environmental Justice Areas and standard notices
- Create Boring logs in Strater®
- Receive raw data from laboratories and make data accessible to science staff
- Update historic tables/graphs as data is received
Administrative Assistant | Engineering firm
Rhode Island based, rapidly growing, environmental engineering firm is seeking an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Assistant to join their team. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation and benefits package.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Process laboratory data (Excel)
- Update historic tables (Excel)
- Update GW graphs (Excel)
- Data entry (Word & Excel)
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Prep and update PowerPoint presentations
- Provide GIS backup
- Review/QC laboratory data
- Assemble report appendices
- Order office and job supplies
- Order and maintain inventory of stationary,business cards, shirts, sweatshirts, gear bag supplies
- Oversee office equipment maintenance (scheduling & tracking/calendaring)
- Arrange for field equipment repairs (send out via FedEx or UPS)
- Draft Phase I proposals
- Report drafting (starting w/ routine status reports)
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Executive Assistant/Relationship Manager
This individual will work directly with the president of the company. Strong executive presence; superior interpersonal communication skills are a necessity. In addition, this individual must have the ability to multi-task in an urgent and deadline driven environment. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
Reports to: President
Status: Full time
Job Summary continuted
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to stay focused and maximize time efficiently.
- As a key member of the team, this individual will be responsible for preparing client reports and for maintaining contact with clients to provide or obtain updated information, schedule meetings with preferred staff, and troubleshoot problems.
- Managing different and conflicting objectives at once, managing the schedule for a corporate executive, working with senior management team.
- This position requires use of considerable tact, discretion, diplomacy and judgement.
- This individual must be resourceful, able to work autonomously. Must be adaptable, work well with people who have different interpersonal styles.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, multi-task, manage time wisely, handle confidential and sensitive material with the highest degree of integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with managing client relationships
- Communicate with clients, verbally and in writing
- Deliver superior client service—troubleshoot problems, schedule and organize meetings; serve as liaison between Advisor and client as needed
- Work directly with our clients as a liaison to resolve administrative issues
- Manage client information—prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update CRM
- Attention to compliance requirements in accordance with firm guidelines
- Maintain current client data files and related records
- Responsible for quarterly billing, gather annual tax documentation for clients and accountants
- Screen and respond to incoming calls; forward and respond pro-actively as appropriate
- Requires some level of independent judgement when handling information requests
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM software
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Client first attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- 3-5 years administration/business support experience
- Strong work ethic, integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory.
The portfolio administrator will have the unique opportunity to make a difference by interacting professionally with all levels of internal and external clients via phone, in person and via written correspondence.
Status: Full time
Job Summary continuted
- The ideal candidate will provide administrative support and will work with our team to ensure seamless project management execution. This is a fast-paced environment and requires a professional who has initiative and strong judgement; in addition, they should be well-organized, efficient, and adaptable with strong work ethic.
- The Portfolio Administrator is responsible for onboarding and maintenance of client accounts; compilation and completion of client custodian and firm paperwork; review and maintenance of client transactions and activity; and execution of client and firm tasks such as asset transfers, preparation of reports, and general support of portfolio and investment strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up new client and additional client accounts.
- Assist client in completing firm and custodian paperwork as needed.
- Review client transactions and activities; prepare reports.
- Compile account paperwork for client meetings and review.
- Execute asset transfers.
- Support investment team as needed.
- Gather and assist management team with preparation and presentation materials.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Composing, signing and releasing somewhat routine but somewhat complex correspondence.
- Assist with quarterly billing as well as annual gathering of tax documentation for clients, accountants and attorneys.
- Screen calls and take detailed messages on behalf of our team.
- Manage calendars.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to multitask
- Client first attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Computer literate
Litigation | Environmental & Energy Mid-Level Associate Attorney
Seeking a Mid-Level Associate with an interest in joining a dynamic and sophisticated Environmental and Energy practice. The ideal candidate will have three (3) to seven (7) years of experience representing a range of clients in complex environmental and energy matters, including litigation disputes, permitting projects, counseling and representation in pre-litigation, compliance, administrative enforcement, and real estate/diligence matters.
Location: Boston, MA
Experience advising clients on energy regulatory and transactional matters, securing siting and permit approvals for energy projects and appearing before state public utility commissions is a plus. Admission to Massachusetts Bar and/or Rhode Island Bar is required.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a collaborative, team-oriented and sophisticated work environment. Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and a desire to develop practice through creative and innovative marketing initiatives.
Document Reviewer | Legal
Large, award winning law firm has an immediate opening available for Document Review. BA Degree required. Hourly plus incentive bonus.
- Reviewing clients claims files and mapping out important information within the claims file
- Locating all necessary information asked for within the claims file
- Analyzing complex legal documents
- Providing synopsis of the claims file to paralegals and attorneys working on the cases
- Meeting weekly page requirements and attending training sessions
Client Development Specialist | Legal
Large, award winning law firm in need of a Client Development Specialist to screen callers inquiring about law firm’s services. Will communicate with disabled military veterans on a regular basis.
The Client Development Specialist’s job is to obtain the necessary information for the screeners so they may determine if we are able to assist, while building rapport with the potential new client (PNC) and describing firm’s services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacting and communicating with potential new clients via telephone and e-mail
- Creating and inputting potential new client data into case management software
- Working one on one with the case screeners to obtain additional information from a potential client when necessary
- Assessing and analyzing documentation received from a potential new client for completeness and accuracy, and following up with the PNC for additional details/clarification if necessary
- developing and maintaining solid firm knowledge and utilizing resources to determine whether potential clients meet our criteria for screening
- Maintaining daily checklist, prioritizing important checklist items, and meeting priority deadlines assigned by the Intake Manager
- Drafting correspondence letter to potential clients
- Performing routine daily and weekly follow ups with potential clients to contact or obtain documentation requested or mailed
- Offer and decline representation to potential clients seeking assistance
- Utilize the list of Unique Competitive Advantage statements and follow our scripts that describe and sell our law firms services to turn contacts into contracts
- Answer potential client questions about benefits and claim procedures
- Refer potential new clients to other agencies for assistance if they do not meet our screening criteria
- Check with supervisors or other references to verify answers or to obtain further information
- Explain our policies and procedures to potential new clients
- Working with marketing department to establish tele-sales campaigns to help promote firms services to secure clients
- Identifying opportunities for sales and effectively using the firm’s UCAs to secure new clients
- Establishes and maintains potential client relationships to close sales deals to secure clients’ loyalty by using closing techniques
- Maintaining awareness of firm’s campaigns prepared by the Marketing department
- Provide exceptional after sales services to secure clients and “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Ensuring high levels of potential client satisfaction through excellent sales services
- Build productive trust relationships with potential new clients
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00-5:30 or 8:30-5:00
- $15.42 hr. to start then $20 hr. after thirteen weeks.
Real Estate Attorney
Seeking a candidate with four (4) to six (6)+ years of commercial real estate experience for our Providence office. The ideal candidate will have experience with acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, and land use. Candidates should also have experience handling closings, title, survey, and other real estate due diligence projects, as well as drafting and negotiating real estate transaction documents. Real estate finance experience is a plus. Admission to Rhode Island Bar is required.
Location: Providence, RI
The position offers an excellent opportunity to assume significant responsibility and hands-on experience in a collaborative, sophisticated and team-oriented work environment. Candidates must possess superior analytical and communication skills. Must also be highly motivated and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
Paralegal Claims Advocate
Daily written and oral communication with veterans and their families, as well as the Department of Veteran’s affairs. Obtaining all documentation necessary to support a client’s claim for benefits. Assisting attorneys and senior paralegals on necessary case development and research. Reviewing and assessing client’s case files. Proof reading and reviewing important procedural documents before they are mailed out. Most importantly, helping veterans obtain the VA benefits they deserve.
Education: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree; the field of your undergraduate degree can vary.
Prior experience: Prior professional office experience is preferred, but not a must. Prior experience with Microsoft office and outlook is preferred. Experience in the legal and/or psychiatric field is a plus, but not required.
Candidates must be outgoing, eager to learn, have the ability to multi task, be able communicate well, be able to work well independently and with a team, take direction well, and have great attention to detail.
The hours for this position are either 8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm. The starting rate is $17.31/hr while temp then increasing to $19.32/hr. when permanent.
Corporate & Business | Public Finance Associate Attorney
Seeking a Public Finance associate with three (3) to five (5)+ years of experience to work in our Boston, Providence, Manchester (NH) or Hartford offices. The ideal candidate will have experience representing bondholders, borrowers, underwriters, commercial banks, issuer authorities, purchasers and/or corporate trustees in a variety of public finance transactions.
Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Manchester, NH or Hartford, CT
The candidate should also have substantial experience with drafting legal documents for tax-exempt bond transactions and with organizing closings of those transactions. Experience with tax-exempt bond financings for governmental entities, section 501(c)(3) organizations and for-profit companies, as well as familiarity with the federal tax law provisions that pertain to the issuance of tax-exempt bonds is preferred.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to assume significant responsibility and hands-on experience in an active, collaborative, sophisticated and team-oriented public finance practice. Candidates must possess superior research, analytical and writing skills. Must also be highly motivated and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
Large Providence based law firm in need of highly skilled receptionist to join their team. Will be the fourth receptionist added to accommodate their growth.
- Managing a high volume of inbound calls in a fast-paced environment
- Greeting all guests with a high level of hospitality
- Maintaining the front office/lobby and the reception area
- Providing additional administrative support when needed
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience
- Reception experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have a professional phone demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required
Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:30 preferred, or 8:00-4:30.
$14.42 per hour during the 13 week temporary period, $20.00 per hour when permanent plus benefits.
HR Benefits Administrator
Assist with the company’s open enrollment process and maintenance of employee benefit policies. Administers all aspects of employee benefits plans, employee benefits communications and resolution of benefits issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies.
- Liaison between firm and appropriate third party regarding dissemination, updating of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists in the administration of performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer regarding the contracting and consulting with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
Job Competencies: Computer literacy; working knowledge of Word, Access and Outlook; High proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written, phone and email communication skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in handling of confidential material
- Team player and willingness to provide backup regarding department responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, or related field and/or equivalent experience; Benefits Administration: 3 years
Marketing Director needed for rapidly-expanding law firm, headquartered in Rhode Island with growing offices in New York, Florida and Massachusetts. The Firm has a diverse practice, with a strong emphasis on representing commercial and financial enterprises.
Reports To: Chairman and Managing Partner
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Director to join our successful team of attorneys and business consultants.
This position will require direct engagement with new potential clients and existing clients, with the aim of opening new opportunities and growing existing relationships. It will also require generating new content (both independently and through working with attorneys in the firm) on a regular basis for the firm’s website, e-mail campaigns, newsletters, marketing materials and responses to RFPs. To do both successfully you will need to have deep industry knowledge of business development and the services provided by a business-focused law firm, as well as strong interpersonal skills and excellent drafting abilities.
The role will include the need to spend a significant amount of time directly marketing the firm to prospective clients in Florida, New York and the Northeast.
As the Director of Marketing, you will:
• Draft marketing materials, website updates and monthly newsletters, participate in formulating responses to RFPs and market directly and through broader e-mail marketing tactics to our existing clients, communicating complex concepts that are specifically relevant to the target audience;
• Manage a marketing budget and coordinate with firm management to identify and contract with third party support as needed;
• Consult regularly with individual attorneys and practice group leaders to coordinate article drafting, encourage marketing activities, and develop strategies for individual attorneys to more successfully participate in marketing efforts and market themselves and the firm;
• Work to raise the level of client loyalty in the Firm’s top clients while driving growth and deepening our relationship with broader sets of clients, including through coordinating firm-hosted events;
• Consult with practice group leaders to identify opportunities for existing client and business expansion, often facilitating market development thinking at the intersection of different practice areas;
• Have an active, robust and relevant external network of purchasers of legal services or a proven ability to access these key influencers;
• Have proven professional services, external business development and relationship building experience to engage the market directly and significantly open up new opportunities for the firm; and
•Analyze performance metrics for client development initiatives and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management;
• Identify your own targets for client development, including responding to inquiries from prospective clients and facilitating meetings between prospective clients and individual attorneys.
• At least five (5) years of related legal industry, private equity or consulting firm external business development experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to travel frequently, including spending extended lengths of time in various different markets
• Advanced client engagement and management skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
• Outstanding attitude and work ethic to match fabric of our firm
• Desire to collaborate